Thursday, March 3, 2011

1985 Cracked "Search For Spock" Spoof

Severin does his usual great job of capturing the actor's likenesses in this spoof on "The Search For Spock," from issue #209 of Cracked magazine, published January 1985. However, he does mix in uniforms from the first movie on the first page for some reason! No Trek cover artwork this time, sadly.
(Click on images to enlarge.)









Bonus: Below, a nice photo of the cast from the same movie, omitting Nimoy since at the time these were released it was supposed to be a mystery if Spock was in it or not. Was there ever any doubt? I was thrilled to see Uhura finally get her skirt back, thanks to Nichelle's request. Poor Chekov didn't fair so well with his wardrobe, however.

4 comments:

The Faustian Man said...

I like how they mixed in ET in there on the first page. I forgot the two movies were around the same time.

Great memory trip. I have to read the rest of the pages later. Good post, as always!

Frederick said...

They also threw a Gremlin in there, since their movie came out at the same time as this one.

Glad you enjoyed it!

david_b said...

Frederick:

Hope all is well, Will you be updating the Scrapbook anytime soon..?

Blessings, and thanks for all you do..!!

Frederick said...

David,
Thanks for the comment, I will be updateing my blogs this coming week, I;ve just had so much going on in my life that I haven't had the time. I should be able to do more soon, thanks for your patience!